Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Midwest Horse Fair

Every year I look forward to the Midwest Horse Fair.  It's one of the biggest attractions for horse people in these neck of the woods. Located in Madison, WI it draws people from the surrounding states as well as from far away.  One group of exhibitors comes all the way from Texas!  Considering that it snowed, sleeted, and was generally miserable, I think that's all the more impressive.

As I mentioned, MHF is one of the highlights of every spring.  I had a glorious weekend of fantastic original coverage planned.  I was going to take pictures, write reviews, analyze clinics, etc. Oh yes, it was going to be great.

And then life intervened.  That's the best explanation I have for the weekend.  Sometimes you have a great idea and you execute it without a problem.... and then sometimes you can't get off of work.  Sometimes it's snowing in the middle of April. Sometimes your camera battery, which you could have sworn was fully charged, it actually dead but you don't realize it until you're at the fair. Sometimes, things just don't go as planned.

So all of my lovely coverage of the fair did not happen. I did get to watch a couple of demonstrations including, drumroll please....Steffen Peters! Also, I attended my favorite recent addition to MHF, the $40,000 Nutrena Grand Prix. I will try to post a little more general information on the Fair as well as a recap of the Prix in the next couple of posts

No comments: