Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wedding Vs. A Horse

My fiance and I are planning a wedding sometime next year and I'm very pleased to be affirming our commitment formally in front of our friends.

Still, every now and then the old urge to window shop for horses online rises and I find myself looking at horses and thinking, "What if we used all this money that we're scrimping and saving for the wedding and bought a horse instead?"

I mean, our wedding budget could pay for this cutie here and we'd still have enough left over to cover his room and board for a couple of years.

A popular joke among equestrians is how our beloved horses practically devour our hard-earned money as food, how the ability to write a hefty check without wincing is almost as essential as keeping your heels down, and how we're all crazy to have such an expensive money that will absorb all the funds you can throw at it.

When you think about it though, what's crazier: spending a bunch of money on a celebration that only lasts one day, or spend that same amount of money buying and caring for a horse of my one's very own for years to come?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.*






*Unless you're reading this, sweetie and you completely agree with me.  In which case, I already have my checkbook handy :)

No comments: